For any body who isn't in the know, Snog, Marry, Avoid is a TV show about 'make unders'. A Make Under is essentially the opposite of a make over, in the sense that rather than covering girls with make up and fake tan, they try to make them look naturally beautiful.
You can pretty much find all of the episodes on Youtube, so if you haven't seen them, you'd best get watching! I'm sure you'd much rather be a Pretty Paddy than an Ugly Betty. (I don't really consider myself as pretty, I just couldn't think of an opposite for Ugly Betty).
I figured I'd whop out a nice little blog to coincide with the start of the new series on BBC THREE tonight! I am so excited and here are my reasons why:
1. It's presented by Jenny Frost
Yeah, you know the one, ex-Atomic Kitten Jenny Frost. She's now changed from an Atomic Kitten to a MILF spectacular. I don't know why I like Jenny Frost so much. I think I like her because she is just so bloody weird! She can't seem to keep focused on speaking to these people, and starts saying her sentences in a funny way. She looks like she gets bored halfway so starts to do weird hand and head movements. I love it.
2. POD is hilarious
She's just really obnoxious and rude to everyone that goes on the show! She makes a tonne of bitchy remarks, upsets the person, makes them look better and then send them back in to the big wide world. Also, I think the fact that no one knows who does the voice makes POD so much more exciting. Is it Jenny Frost? Is it just some unknown? Who knows? I certainly don't.
3. The Tips Are Great
I very rarely have any opportunity to use these tips, but I learn all sorts of beauty tips that Jenny Frost tests out! I learned that beer is a really good hair conditioner, you don't get ladders in your tights if you put them in the freezer, and that if you buy some new heels (or just any shoes with proper soles), you should rub the bottom with a grater to get grip! I also learned that when painting your nails, rather than being slow and tidy, be messy and then wash your fingers in warm water and any excess polish will come off! Top notch Frost.
4. Everybody Loves A Freakshow
Why did people watch Big Brother? Because all of the people on it were absolute freaks. Without exception (yes, I'm talking about you, Jade Goody. You may have died, but that doesn't mean you weren't a freak when you were alive). Some of the people on Snog, Marry, Avoid are just mind-blowingly weird. There was one guy who ate chicken legs so he could boil the bones and make them into broaches. There was UV-K, who just wore UV clothes and had these ridiculous UV dreadlocks. What is the appeal in that?!5. The Reactions Of The Public Are Ace
Some of the people get like 100% avoid ratings, and as brutal as it sounds, they need it. Some of the people don't understand that they look ridiculous. They bust round all the clubs thinking everyone is looking at them because they look amazing; when it reality, it is because they look moronic. The celebrity reactions are even better, with a personal favourite of mine being Brian-From-Big-Brother. There's also some guy from The Apprentice, and the one and only, Chipmunk! I really wish I could remember the which episode Brian was being really hilarious in so I could post a video, but I can't. How embarrassing.
I really flippin' like Snog, Marry Avoid! I think it is definitely one of my favourite TV Shows and I am so excited. I hope everyone else is.
If not, then POD OFF!!!*
*Don't you agree that I am really hilarious because I am talking about a TV show, and then I referenced a catchphrase from the show the sign off my blog? Huh? You do! I knew you would love it.





0 comments:
Post a Comment